The first question should be what are eyebrows because I don’t think 78% of Nigerian females know that The eyebrow is an area of thick, delicate hairs above the eye that follows the shape of the lower margin of the brow ridges of some mammals rather they think its a coloring script or a mound of hair that should be shaved off ! HELL NO, eyebrows are one of the basic features that define and give elegance to the face; if properly done it gives a delicate,subtle yet youthful effect to the face but when not done properly you end up looking skanky and F’UGLY like a few pictures I’ve posted above. Well have no fear because this post would help you achieve Movie star brows without breaking the bank and its focused on defining the brows with brow PENCIL! (The pencils aren’t expensive they range from 100naira to 1000 naira depending on the brand)
Eyebrows are a major facial feature. Cosmetic methods have been developed to alter the look of one’s eyebrows, whether the goal is to add or remove hair, change the color, or change the position of the eyebrow.
Several options for removing hair to achieve a thinner or smaller eyebrow, or to “correct” a unibrow, including:
– electronic tweezing.
The most common method is to use tweezers to thin out and shape the eyebrow.
Waxing is becoming more popular;Strip waxing is accomplished by spreading a wax thinly over the skin. A cloth or paper strip is then pressed on the top and ripped off the direction of hair growth..
Lastly, there is threading eyebrows, where a cotton thread is rolled over hair to pull it out. Small scissors are sometimes used to trim the eyebrows, either with another method of hair removal or alone.
Eyebrows highlight the eyes and face. Some individuals do not have eyebrows due to genetic or medical reasons, or simply have eyebrows that are very light and unnoticeable. If you don’t have eyebrows or simply want darker, more dramatic, ones you can draw them yourself without seeking the help of a makeup artist. By following the right steps, you can use an eyebrow pencil to create natural-looking eyebrows.
I only tweeze because I think waxing is just painful and inhumane
Below are a few steps to achieving perfect brows
STEP 1: The Tame Game
Before you tweeze, brush the brow hairs straight up with a spooly (mascara-style) brush. Trim any long hairs or hairs that are growing straight down with a pair of brow scissors. Have two pairs of tweezers ready: A slant-tipped pair is good for thick hairs; a needle-nose-tipped pair grabs shorter, hard-to-reach ones.
STEP 2: Great Shapes
Before plucking, use a white eyeliner pencil to draw the desired shape of your brows as a guide.
STEP 3: Fill ‘Er Up
Pick pencils wisely. If you’re…
· Blonde, match your darkest brow hairs to add definition.
· Going gray, use a taupe color to avoid dull tones.
· A redhead, go with sable.
· Brunette, choose a color one shade lighter than your hair to soften skin tone.
STEP 4: Finishing Touches
After filling them in, add definition and shine with a clear brow gel. A light slick of Vaseline also does the trick. To get a fuller, Brooke Shields-esque look, brush the thickest part of your brows, near the inner corner, straight up before applying gel. For extra color, use a tinted brow gel.
And here’s another step below incase the one above comes out bad or seems too trickish :
Items you need:
Choose an eyebrow pencil the same shade as your hair color, or one shade darker. If you choose a color that is too light or too dark, it won’t look natural.
1. Make a light line, starting approximately 1/2-inch above where your tear duct is, and work your way over to outer corner of your eye.
2. Make an arch just above the line, directly above the outer edge of your iris, and closest to the outer corner of your eye. The arch should go up slightly and not be too dramatic or it will look fake.
3. Add more pencil to the line above where the tear duct is, to make the eyebrow fuller. Use soft, even strokes to avoid the pencil from looking clumpy and unnatural.
4. Continue filling in your eyebrow, working your way over to the arch, but using less pencil the as you draw from the tear duct to the outer corner.
5. Shade in the area between the arch and the line. The arch and the line should now connect.
6. Make the light line, between the arch and outer corner of the eye, slightly darker so it matches the rest of the penciled in eyebrow.
7. Repeat the entire process for the other eyebrow.
Tips & Warnings
The thickest part of the penciled-in eyebrow should be the area just above the tear duct, and the thinnest point should be the area above the outer corner of the eye.
Below are pictures of some of our readers that have mastered the art of brow defining, Lovely brows I must say, really lovely!