Plain Old coloured Nail polish Can be BORING! So this is a whole new different way to spice Up Manicure hour and the fun thing about it, is that you can DO-IT -Yourself without having to break the bank because I’m going to be sharing two completely easy Posts On Newspaper Nails ……so sit back and enjoy this fun post on how to Do the Newspaper Nails.
You Will Need
•10 Strips Of Newspaper
•transparent Top Coat Nail Polish
•White Nail Polish as a base coat
•Water in a small cap
1. Paint your nails white. That would be your base color. Apply two coats if required.
2. Let the paint dry. Soak a newspaper strip in a bowl of water. Let it stay still for about 30 seconds.
3. Take it out and place it on your nail and press it for about a minute. Take it off and TA-DA 🙂
4. Repeat steps 2 & 3 for the rest of your nails.
5. Let it dry and then apply a layer of top coat nail polish. Be careful while putting the first layer, dont do it briskly, it might smudge the nail art. Apply another coat for extra shine and protection 🙂
And you are done 🙂
Things You’ll Need
•Piece of newspaper
•Base coat(transparent nail hardener)
•Grey,Nude Brown Or White nail polish/or light colored nail polish
•Nail polish remover
1. Assemble all the items needed for preparing your nails. These are listed below under “Things You’ll Need.”
2. Wash your hands before painting your nails with mild soap. This will kill any germs or bacteria on your hands and nails while also cleaning off any dirt.
3. Apply a solid basecoat to protect your nails. This is optional, but it makes the color show up better and protects it. Make sure to let it dry thoroughly.
4. Paint your nails in a light grey, nude, or light pink nail polish color. Let it dry thoroughly before doing the next step.
5. Take the rubbing alcohol.
Pour a bit of rubbing alcohol or water into the cap or into a small jar.
6. Dip each nail into the rubbing alcohol for about 5 seconds each.
7. Take a small piece of newspaper. Press it firmly on your nail for a few seconds.
Peel it off carefully. You’ll find that the ink from the newspaper will be left behind
Get a cotton bud and some nail polish remover to remove any excess nail polish that has gotten onto your fingers. Do not touch your nails with the nail polish remover, or your work will come off.
8. Apply a topcoat to your nails. This is needed because without it, the newspaper will rub off. It also gives your nail some extra shine.
Hope this detailed post helps! x
Precious Amah x